Call for PhD student applications
The following 6 PhD projects have been selected for funding by the GRAL Scientific Advisory Board, the GRAL Directory, and the Board of Management of the Chemistry Biology Health Graduate School, to start in autumn 2021:
|PhD supervisors||PhD project||Team|
|Delphine Pflieger, Karine Merienne (Strasbourg) & Christophe Battail||HuntAcyl: Altered dynamics of acylations of histone H3 Lysine 27 (H3K27): a mechanism contributing to transcriptional dysregulation in Huntington’s disease? Project description||BioSanté-EDyP|
|Jean-Baptiste Reiser & Wai-Li Ling||C1IgMsite: Molecular and structural investigations of the complement C1 complex interactions with IgMs Project description||IBS-CAID & IBS-MEM|
|Winfried Weissenhorn & Gregory Effantin||Env-mAb: Structure of the HIV-1 envelope glycoprotein in complex with a novel bnAb LN02 Project description||IBS-EBEV & IBS-MEM|
|Cédric Laguri & Michel Thépaut||nanoLPS: Pathogen LPS recognition by immunity C-type lectins receptor in a cell-surface mimicking environment Project description||IBS-NMR|
|Thibaut Crépin & Guy Schoehn||Flu-nucleocapsid: Dynamic of influenza virus nucleocapsid assembly Project description||IBS-VRM & IBS-MEM|
|Chloe Zubieta & Mark Tully||PhaSET: Phase Separation of EARLY FLOWERING 3 and Plant Thermoresponse Project description||PCV-StrucDev & ESRF-BioSAXS|
Candidates must directly contact the PhD supervisor(s) to apply.
GRAL PhD funding includes 3 years of salary (fixed-term contract, gross salary: 1,850€ per month, including national health insurance) and 10,000€ of funding for PhD operating costs (research consumables, equipment, training, publication costs, travel to conferences…) per year.
- Deadline of the call for PhD projects applications: December 2020
- Opening of the call for student applications: Mars 2021
- Deadline for student applications: Open until candidates have been selected for the interview or April 19 2021 at the latest. Different deadline may apply for the different projects.
- Interviews of PhD candidates: May 3-4 2021 (online).
- Results: May 2021
- Registration at Université Grenoble Alpes and start of PhD project: autumn 2021
The candidate(s) selected by the PhD supervisor(s) must send the following documents in a unique pdf file to GRAL’s Executive Manager by April 26 2021 (23:59, CET):
- The application file, filled, dated, and signed (the PhD supervisor or GRAL’s Project Manager will provide the template)
- A cover letter (one page maximum)
- A detailed CV
- A letter of support from the PhD supervisor(s) *
- A letter of recommendation from the Master 2 supervisor (available template) *
- Academic transcripts equivalent to the 1st semester of the 2nd year of a Master programme, in English or French, if possible including ranking and equivalence to French grading systems
- Diploma(s) and academic transcripts equivalent to a 1st year of MSc (or 3-yr BSc and 1 year of MSc), in English or in French
- Level of language proficiency (e.g. TOEIC, Bulats, etc.) if available / appropriate* if the PhD supervisor is also the Master 2 supervisor, this can be one document only, and the candidate may include a letter of recommendation from a previous supervisor