Context and objectives
Many local, national, institutional and European financing counters are devoted to the valorization of scientific and technological projects: SATT LinkSium, ANR Emergence, CEA/DRF funds dedicated to technological maturity, “Transverse Technologies for Health” program of the CEA, ITA-Valo CNRS, ERC-POC, etc ….
The budget for these actions range in general from 100 to 150 k€ and allow extended supports for:
- Technological developments
- Customization of a technological offer
- Exploration and segmentation of a market
- Competitive analysis – etc.
The “VALO-GRAL” program
The “VALO-GRAL” program will only support specific actions, with the objectives of removing technological barriers or providing technical-and-economic support on a given technology and/or its possible commercial exploitation. The VALO-GRAL program aims at positioning itself as a device for detecting inventions at their early stages and to foster the establishment of a “proof of concept at the laboratory-scale”. In that way, VALO GRAL will drive the projects to a “maturity level” compatible with the requirements of more extended supporting programs.
The scope of the VALO-GRAL will be:
- First stages of a targeted technological development: strengthening existing intellectual property or new patent applications ;
Deliverable: a demonstrator at the laboratory scale.
- Collecting technical-and-economic data that are essential to operate: competitive analysis, technology watch, market segmentation, freedom to operate analysis, analysis of regulatory or normative context, etc …→ Deliverable: data minimizing the risk level and enhancing the decision process for a technological development towards targeted application and/or market.
Deliverable: data minimizing the risk level and enhancing the decision process for a technological development towards targeted application and/or market.
- Dissemination and/or promotion of a mature and structured technological offer.
Deliverable: communication media dedicated to the promotion of a given offer to be used during business conventions in order to collect expressions of interest from industry.
Processes and procedures for project submission
The submission form is available here
- We expect to gather the selection committee twice a year (once in June; once in December)
- Next deadline for submission : May 31th, 2017 for a selection in June 2017.
The project leader (or co-leader) will be invited to present its project in about 20 min in front of the selection committee – Exact date to be determined
Information about the budget that can be allowed for each project is available on the submission form.
The Evaluation Committee consists of representatives of UGA, CNRS, CEA, LinkSium as well as representatives of the Labex GRAL institutes.
The Evaluation Committee will present its evaluation and arguments to the GRAL Directory which will take the final decision.
Applicants will be notified of the Directory decision together with specific comments.